Car charger DEKO DK1210
Every car owner, and even those who are lucky enough to buy a completely new car, will still face the fact that the car’s battery will start to weaken. Natural aging of the battery occurs, which is expressed in a decrease in the output voltage, the maximum current that it can support. All this outwardly manifests itself in the fact that he will either slowly turn the engine starter, or he will not be able to do it at all!
To prolong the life of the battery and keep it in good working order, you must periodically charge it with the charger! Standard charging using the current from the car generator is sufficient only for a new battery, but over time, an oxide film of lead sulfates forms on the battery plates, which prevents the battery from charging with the current that the generator gives!
Therefore, every car enthusiast should have a charger that will be able to not only charge the battery, but also restore its performance! That is why automatic chargers, such as the DEKO DK1210 car charger, have undoubted advantages over home-made devices made in a hurry and without observing the requirements for working with lead-acid batteries!
Characteristics of the DEKO DK1210 charger:
- DEKO DK1210 is a fully automatic charger operating from a 220-230 volt network;
- rated output voltage 12 volts, maximum current 10 amperes;
- triple protection – against short circuit at the terminals, overheating of the device, increased input voltage;
- power 180 W;
- constant charge voltage 14.5-14.8 volts
- floating charge voltage of approximately 13.8 volts at midpoint;
- the strength of the charging current is displayed on the LCD;
- the charger is equipped with a power cable with a euro-plug, output wires with crocodile clips for connecting to the battery;
- indication of the inclusion of the device itself and the charging mode is carried out by LED lamps;
- suitable for charging batteries with a nominal voltage of 12 volts and a capacity of 30 to 150 A / h:
- dimensions of the charger 210x125x80 mm;
- the weight of the device is only 0.7 kg, since it is made according to a pulse inverter circuit without using a step-down transformer!
In order to charge the car battery, you just need to connect the charger wires to the terminals and turn it on!
Automatic three-stage charging takes place in the following stages – constant current charging, constant voltage charging, floating voltage charging. This promotes active cleaning of batteries from lead sulfate, which covers the plates and reduces the battery capacity.
As a result of such charging, the battery is not only charged, but also increases its voltage and maximum current performance. In addition, a sulphate-free battery will not only work more efficiently when cranking the starter, but will also last much longer!
Using the DEKO DK1210 car charger, you can be sure that your car battery will not only be fully charged, but will also restore its performance even after a long period of inactivity.
After connecting the device to the battery, the charging current is automatically set to the maximum level, which for most batteries is 6-8 amperes, then the charging current decreases! The battery can be considered fully charged after the charging current drops below 2 amperes!
The advantage of the DEKO DK1210 charger is that it does not need to be regulated, there is no need to monitor the charging current or the temperature of the device, since the device will automatically charge the battery itself!